However, the chemical nature of nitrogen remains very stable. It can, however, form nitrides when given certain conditions. This is where the research focus has been: nitride (TiN), a transition metal. High electrical conductivity, superconductivity, and attractive color of titanium nitride are some characteristics. It’s also suitable for high-temperature materials such as superconducting or structural materials.
1. Property and structure of titanium-nitride
TiN is of the NaCl type and forms a face-centered cubic. A face-centered cubic is composed of nitrogen and titanium atoms. TiN is a nonstoichiometric chemical. The stable composition range of TiN0.6-TiN1.16 is it. Without affecting the structure of TiN, it is possible to change the content of nitrogen in a particular range. The colour of tiN powder can vary from yellowish brown to blackish in ultrafine TiN, golden yellow TiN crystal and yellowish tiN. The TiN has a lattice value of 4.23nm. The mesh constant of the TiC is an equal 4.238 millimeters, while that of the TiO is an equal 4.15 millimetres. Since the lattice properties of the three substances are quite similar, it is possible to replace the TiC atom with carbon atoms. In order to find a solution, any combination of oxygen and carbon can be used. The chemical and physical properties of titanium Nitride are affected by how much nitrogen there is. Reduced nitrogen content results in increased lattice parameters for titaniu, which will increase the hardness and Microscopic increases, while titanium nitride suffers from reduced shock resistance.
Properties of titanium nitride Generally, titanium oxide powder colors are yellowish to brown. It can also be found in black. An abundance of titanium nitride aggregates has a golden metallic luster. Although titanium nitride’s chemical properties are stable, they do not react well with acidic water. Hydrofluoric is a strong alkaline solution that contains an oxidizing acid. Titanium Nitride can then be fully dissolved into hydrogen Fluoric. In a strong alkaline solution, titanium nitride will dissolve and be released as ammonia.
2. This application of titanium-nitride offers excellent chemical and physical properties. Industry is seeing an increase in demand for titanium oxide powder. Use titanium nitride powder as a coating. This is less expensive than conventional vacuum coatings and it has better wear resistance and corrosion resistance. You have many options for using titanium nitride.
It can be used in the following ways:
(1) titanium nitride exhibits high biocompatibility. It can be used in clinical and stomatology.
(2) Titrium nitride can be used for high-temperature lubricants and has a low friction factor.
(3) Silicon nitride has a metallic luster and is suitable for use as a simulated-gold decoration material. In the jewelry industry, titanium nitride may also be used as a coating to create a gold finish; it could be used as a material that can replace WC.
4) This tool is more durable and harder than ordinary carbide and it can even be used to create new tools. This brand new tool has an improved service and durability than other carbide tools.
TiC-Mo-Ni, a novel multifunctional ceramic materials. TiC-Mo/Ni series ceramic materials will have the hard phase grains refined by the addition of titanium dioxide. The result is that ceramics exhibit exceptional physical properties, both at room temperature and under extreme temperatures. It has made ceramics more resistant to high temperatures and less oxidation. The degree is improved by adding TiN powder. This can also increase the strength and toughness of ceramics. You will get a ceramic material that contains nano-titanium nutride. This material can also be used for semiconductor components.
Addition of TiN to magnesia/carbon bricks will significantly increase the block’s resistance against slag.
(7) Titanium nitrideis excellent for structural materials, and is suitable to be used in both steam-jet rockets as well. Titanium nitride is also useful in seal rings and bearings.
This is possible because of the remarkable conductivity titanium Nitride. It can also be used as a point contact material and electrode material.
(9) Titanium Nitride has a superconducting critical temp and is an excellent choice for superconducting material.
(10) TITANITE has an extremely high melting point and lower density, making it a very unique refractory metal.
(11) Titium nitride can also be applied to glass via a film. This can increase the glass’s thermal insulation. It is possible to do this if the infrared reflectedance is above 75%. Altering the percent of titanium in titanium nutride can alter its color to create the desired effect.
Trunnano, a company, is focused on providing products, service and solutions to advanced materials research. This includes serving research institutes as well scientific research institutions and the production activities of universities. This company has a product portfolio that includes many different industrial areas, including metal, ceramic and super-hard materials. It is also used in petroleum, electronic, mechanical, automotive, chemicals, electrical, machine, as well in aerospace.
Cataniadagiocare, Cataniadagiocare advance material Tech Co., Ltd., an professional manufacturer of titanium nitride, has over 12+ years of chemical product research, development, and manufacturing experience. Contact us if you need high-quality Titanium Nitride.